Saturday, November 04, 2006

my first blog

Okay, so I'm new at this blogging though I read other people's blogs and comments. I also have tried blogging on myspace, but I really want to do a blog about finances and things in general. I am not sure how this will work, but I have to start somewhere.

So I'm a twenty something married woman in the northeast, still in graduate school. I enjoy thinking about all things financial and find it gives respite from the boredom of work. I also enjoy the idea of having enough financial freedom one day to do nothing, or at least something really cool. If you know me, you know that I'd enjoy being my own boss one day, maybe own a bookstore.

My DH on the other hand dreams of being a business man as well. Currently his dream is to own a doggie daycare/boarding facility and franchise it out. If we have enough money to subsidize this dream it may one day become a reality.

So how if we have these big dreams, then why are we both boring scientists? Why do we work 9-5 jobs? Because truth is that we need it to pay the bills. We have all these dreams, but no funding for it per se. But if we keep on living almost large, then perhaps one day we really can live large...

No comments: