Friday, March 14, 2008

Happy Hooker?

Finally a normal article by MP Dunleavy, "Happy Hooker has got to go...". I am happy she's telling people they need to wake up and see reality. That sure it seems like more money will solve all our problems. But the truth is it won't.

She is telling women it doesn't matter what you make if you make bad decisions with money. There is no easy way to deal with money and there is no magic solution. I agree sometimes I wonder if people don't think "wow easy money in prostitution (or any other get rich quick scheme)".

But we all do it. We all dream of the easy out and a way to afford a lifestyle we desire without working. But it really doesn't happen overnight, nor do money problems go away even if you suddenly earn $5k/night.

But how many people still wish and pray for an easy out? And figure that making lots of money will solve everything.

2 comments:

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

One of her best pieces to date.

I love how she highlights that there's no easy way out and we're just deluding ourselves if we think so

MEG said...

Today I was driving down the highway and caught site of a lotto billboard ad - the prize money is up to $60M. Without even meaning to I sighed and thought "wow, $20M after taxes; if I won that then everything would be FINE and I wouldn't have to WORRY or work so hard and I wouldn't feel bad about anything anymore..." Then I literally shook my head and was like "whoa, where did that thought come from??"

Obviously I know winning the lottery wouldn't solve any of my problems or make me feel better about myself or transform me overnight into a happy, healthy, well-balanced, fulfilled member of society. Sure, I'd have fun and have fewer money worries for awhile. But I know the things that would really make me happy aren't monetary at all. And if I can find them I can be happy even through a Great Depression and losing every dime I have.