Thursday, December 20, 2007

Use Grand Central to lower your Phone Bill

A second grand post by a new blogger Lulu. Her blog "How I save Money", is about trying to pinch every penny possible. She's a broke college student (weren't we all?) trying to get out of credit card debt. Please enjoy this post and her blog. I think this is a great tip for cutting essentials like a phone out of your budget.

Use Grand Central to lower your Phone Bill

If you have not already gotten your Grand Central number then all you have to do is send me an email or leave a comment and I will send you the invitation to get one. Grand Central is a free service that allows you have a number that controls all of your other numbers.

This way you can have telephone number to give out to people that you can feel comfortable with. I do not like giving out my home phone number to everyone that asks for a number so I have a Grand Central number (that is a different area code) that I give out. This way the people that I work with have a number to contact me that is local to them and I have the privacy of keeping my cell number secret.

The other really great thing with Grand Central is that you keep that one number forever. If you move to a new city and get a new house phone all you have to do is edit the settings in your account and the rest of your information remains the same.

You can use Grand Central to control the amount of access that different numbers have with regards to your profile. If you wanted to set up a group with people that you work with then you could easily do so with just a few clicks. Then you could set up all calls that go to that number to go straight to your voicemail if you wanted.

If there is someone that you need to always take the call then you could set it up so that number always goes through to your phone.

Setting up Grand Central is easy and you can pick any area code for your account, regardless what your home area code is.

If you are looking for your Grand Central number then just let me know and I will send you the invite.

It's FREE!!!!

7 comments:

Matt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I received an invite and I think GrandCentral is a great idea.

Unfortunately I was not able to activate my number online.

On the activation page, their robot calls your phone number, a two-digit code is displayed on your screen, and you enter the two digits into phone when you answer it.

One problem: I'm using a dialup connection on a single landline. When GC calls, my phone line is busy.

Anonymous said...

Also, since my email automatically scrolls off after a few weeks, I have lost my invite and cannot get back to the activation page. So even if I could get it to work, I'd need a new invite.

jankles said...

Hey, I would love a GrandCentral invite. You can email it to mj37421@hotmail.com

Thanks,
Matt.

Unknown said...

I'd love to give this a try. Please email me an invite to:
azn_occasion (at) hotmail (dott) com
Thanks

Will said...

Hello,

This sounds fantastic, and I would like to try it out. Can you send me an invite?

willemanuel at gmail.

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I would like to give it a try.. it seems it could greatly simplify everything.

myntee (at) gmail (dott) com