Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Carnival of Personal Finance #105

The second anniversary of the Carnival of Personal Finance #105 is up at JD's Get Rich Slowly. He asked that people post their best blog article.

I submitted my article "Jealousy/Envy" for submission. Something I think everyone feels at some point in time. The psychology of wanting what others have is normal, natural. The problem is being envious and only seeing the pros, none of the cons or sacrifices they have made to accomplish their goals.

Two articles in the same theme of what I wrote that I liked are "Can money buy you happiness?" at the financial jungle and "Money isn't everything" at blueprint for financial prosperity.

Money can't buy happiness but it can give you the opportunity to become happy. It matters to someone who is broke to get a million bucks, but to someone like Arnold going from $48 to $50M isn't a big deal. But that first million matters.

And money isn't everything like Jim wrote. Money means nothing if you have no one to share it with and aren't happy. You have to use your money to become happy, maybe spending time with friends and family. Being a scrooge isn't all that great. And like I wrote, a salary doesn't define you. At least it better not or I'd be worth 1/4 of what my DH is!

No comments: