Friday, June 29, 2007

Toronto Weekend Costs

We went over our $1k goal for our weekend getaway. We spent $1133.58. Not terribly over and I know exactly how it happened.

We spent $307 for the hotels, $120 dog boarding, $113 for gas, and $30 for tolls = $570. All about right, but then we ended up spending $199 on experiences like Maid of the Mist, Journey behind the falls, CN tower, Blue Jays game, Second City Comedy Show, and Hockey Hall of Fame. A bit more than predicted. We didn't plan on going to a comedy show but it was cool.

Finally we spent $225 for eating out over the weekend. And we also spent $100 on drinks too. What can I say? We had a great weekend and probably overindulged a bit more than we should have but it was fun. I guess I should feel bad but we had a great time.

Tip - don't drink and you'll save a ton. However, I was told by people who have kids, go out and enjoy DINKS activities. So maybe it's not so bad.

No comments: