Sunday, November 04, 2007

Flex Spending Account...

It's open enrollement time again. I'm not sure how much to put in this year. I wanted to get lasik eye surgery in 2008, but I'm not sure. I consulted the doctor and was told that yes pregnancy does change your vision. Stupid, but I should have done it last year or two. But I had to wait for my vision to stabilize. Arrgh. I hate being caught between a rock and a hard place.

But the choice is pretty difficult and we only have 2 weeks to decide. If I do it, I'll max out the FSA with $5k. I also have to consider if I would like to have some dental work done. I find it difficult to make these decisions so quickly.

Also if we get pregnant this year, we probably should set more aside. All these decisions to be made quickly. I wonder if we should overestimate or underestimate the number? And if so by how much?

2 comments:

SavingDiva said...

I went through the same process a few weeks ago. I decided not to get Lasik...and I got my dental work done this year. It's frustrating!

frugal zeitgeist said...

Between meds for thyroid, meds for assma, and meds to keep my skin in good condition, I really depend on flexible spending. I keep adding a few bucks every year, but I always run it out by October. Would have been nice to have some left with a thousand bucks worth of dental work coming up in December.