Friday, February 09, 2007

2/9-2/11 Weekend Spending

This weekend we didn't spend nearly as much on groceries, although we did spend a substantial amount more in the eating out category. We usually don't eat at applebee's but it was walking distance to our house and we were pretty tired on Friday.

2/9 Gas $21.41 (my car)
Stop and Shop $2.58 (water and butter)
Applebee's $27.28

2/10 Shaw's $13.27 (2L soda, celery, tomatos)

2/11 Asian Market $4.28 (tofu, hot sauce)
Stop and Shop $28.71 (4lbs of sausage, eggs, green beans, water, 3 lbs of onions, broccoli, red peppers, white peaches, and dented box of banana nut muffins).


I think this is sort of indicative of what we normally buy. We try to stay away from processed food, although the sausages are mainly for my DH. He loves them. But overall not a terrible weekend, we spent $97.53 overall for a running total of $356.20 this month. I am hoping to keep it under $1k this month but we'll see.

I'm not sure whether I should count normal bills like the electric, gas, cable, internet, cell phone, etc? Also if I should include our car registrations $62.50 for two cars, or the car insurance. Also if we should count paying the accountant. I am leaning towards not because a lot are fixed expenditures, not easily changed.

No comments: