Saturday, February 24, 2007

Home Depot 0% CC payoff

Woohoo. I paid off our 0% purchase from home depot yesterday. We had one year 0% interest free on the home depot CC for purchases made for our home 18 months ago. I finally paid it off today, it was due 4/22/07. I always pay it off about a month early to make sure everything is okay.

All we have left is another 0% CC at Best Buy due 8/10/2007. We used it to purchase our computers and washer and dryer about two years ago. It was 2 years 0% so I've been paying it monthly. We had the cash but find it easier just to cash flow it and keep the cash on hand. We did this for the first time in 2002 when we bought our condo in San Diego. This is how we managed at afford our washer/dryer at the time. At that time we didn't have the money saved up. It worked beautifully.

Because of all this CC 0% offers, I wonder if I shouldn't pull money out of our CC and use it to sit in the bank? I'm not sure if I have the stomach for it though, with the number of things that could go wrong. It's a lot more money, and a lot more hassle. Using the 0% interest rate on these two cards haven't ever been a problem. But I wonder if I tried to do what others do if I'd run into trouble? Something to ponder...but for now I'm quite happy with not doing the 0% CC offers and just taking advantage of 0% on purchases.

No comments: