Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Walgreens Easy Saver Rebate

Today I shopped at Walgreens for the first time to do the Easy Saver Rebate. It is a program where you shop and get money back for items purchased. You have a choice of cash back or a Walgreen's gift card which gives you an extra 10% back on the rebates you earned. Now I'm doing great about getting a ton of free stuff at CVS so I'm not sure if this is worth it. But they did have two items with mail in rebates which made me do it.

The ove glove was sold for $14.99 and there was a $5 rebate for it. So it was $9.99, and I decided what the heck. Perfect timing because I really wanted to buy that for a long time. The second item I was dying to try was the scubbing bubbles automatic shower cleaner. This item was sold for $24.99 with a $5 MIR as well, but I also had a $10 off coupon so it will be $10 to try it.

So I was sold on the idea of buying these items, thus I decided to shop more and buy the 3 items which were free after rebate (FAR). One was 20 count Aleve for $3.99, but I had a $2 coupon so I guess just scored and extra $2. I also bought Gum toothbrush for $2.99 but again I had $1 coupon. And finally I also bought 24 count Excedrin for $3.99 with a $1 coupon, so I felt a bit better.

And I asked for a Walgreen gift card so I can make an extra 10% on my 20.97 rebate I expect to get back. That means I should actually get back $26.37 in walgreen gift card. Is it worth the $38 I spent today? I am not yet sure, but I hope to get my rebate back asap so I can use it on my May purchases. If not I'm going to be out a lot of money in May as well. I'm hoping to roll this every month and just purchase items FAR or stuff I really want like the ove glove and scrubbing bubbles.

Also if anyone has comments on the ove glove, I'd love to hear them. I don't know if it's the best thing, but I'm willing to try it. It looks like next month might be a good month as well. Lots of free stuff in the Easy Saver, I think I'm going to do at least two deals.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

You know I think I will give this a try. I think it will be beneficial in the long run. I will follow your progress to see how success you are. Good Luck!