Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Coupon Trains

I am part of 4 coupon trains currently and am extremely tired of it. It's an awesome concept that every week I get to see and use coupons I usually don't see. But the problem is I only had hoped to be part of 3 trains.

This couponing is costing me a lot of time and I'm feeling rather burnt out. I don't know if I'll make it the entire 3 months I signed up for. I have started saving more money from mail in rebates, etc.

For example I got 8 free movie tickets from a Shaw's promotion for purchasing 6 items. The total cost of the items were less than $5 using coupons and the tickets are each worth up to $10.50. So it was a nice deal. And the items were stuff I can keep like feminine products, toothpaste, floss, and shampoo.

But I find myself still not saving a lot of money on foods. I joined these trains in hopes of saving money on groceries. But I think I've only saved money on toiletries, cleaning supplies, etc. I guess I'll look further at my spending when I wrap up this month.

I wonder if others feel so frustrated.

No comments: